Vehicle Parts Assistant Apprenticeship - Crawley
University isn’t always the answer! An apprenticeship with DLG will help you grow your career alongside working towards a qualification, and believe it or not, working in Insurance is fun.
The future is exciting as the technologies used in Body Shops are evolving every day, which is really helping us re-shape the vehicle repair industry. That's why we're excited to grow our teams and looking for people to join us.
We’re searching for Apprentice Parts Assistants to join our team on a 2 year h programme in our accident repair centres. During the apprenticeship, you will study towards a Level 2 Trade Supplier qualification in partnership with a leading training provider.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about vehicles and that has a genuine interest in starting a career in the Automotive industry! This role will involve collaborating with a wide variety of people; therefore, we are looking for someone who has excellent communication and relationship building skills.
This apprenticeship is a great opportunity for someone who is eager to learn and has lots of ambition. Being able to also meet deadlines and having a great eye for details is key in this role.
To be eligible to apply for this apprenticeship you will:
- Have or be predicted an A*-G (9-1) GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English, which you’ll be able to evidence. However, if you have extenuating circumstances please do get in touch.
- Applicants need to have lived in the UK for the last 3 years
Who you’ll be working with:
You will work closely with our DLG Auto Services Bodyshop colleagues, who you will build trusting relationships with and ensure they have the vehicle parts required so they can work effectively. This role will also include working closely with our external suppliers to source and procure vehicle parts.
A key part of this role will involve being a central point of contact for our internal and external customers throughout their vehicle repairs ensuring they receive an excellent customer service experience.
What you’ll be doing:
Once a customer’s vehicle has had its damage assessed and an estimate for repair has been produced the parts-assistant procures the parts required for full repairs to be made.
As a Parts Assistant Apprentice you will be responsible for all aspects of ordering, pricing and administration - even sourcing parts that are unavailable through the usual channels.
- Stock control management for vehicle parts
- Build strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- Stakeholder management with key suppliers
- Proactively resolve issues as they arise
- Be a point of contact for deliveries in warehouse and goods inwards
- Be aware of and ensure Health and Safety procedures are always followed
- Use DLG digital systems/software to ensure governance of customer repairs
By becoming an apprentice at DLG, you’ll be able to combine on-the-job practical skills with theoretical knowledge from off-the-job learning, giving you the best opportunity to develop your career in the motor industry.
You will be paired with a dedicated DLG mentor who will support your training on site every step of the way.
There is a blended study mode which includes:-
- face-to-face sessions and online tutor led sessions/support (at the employer’s premises)
- There is an End-Point-Assessment for this apprenticeship. This is where you will demonstrate that you have learnt the required knowledge, skills and behaviours.
What we’ll give you:
You’ll gain valuable experience working for a market leading Insurance company with a culture that encourages you to bring all of yourself to work. What’s even better is you’ll earn a permanent position at the end of your apprenticeship, if you're performing and successfully complete your studies.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
Salary - Competitive
Hours – 40 per week (Shifts will be discussed at interview stage)
Location – Site B, Maidenbower, Business Park, Balcombe Road, Worth, Crawley, RH10 7ZJ
Start Date – September 2023
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.