Senior Customer Service Advisor
Direct Line Group's Travel and Medical Assistance teams (TMA) support our customers with almost every imaginable scenario whilst they are out of the country.
Starting salary of £22,890 (includes 9% pension contribution), plus additional earning opportunities for shifts you work, and we'll also reward you for any languages you can speak (£750- £1500).
What you'll be doing:
As a Senior Customer Advisor you will report to a team leader. You'll communicate with hospitals and medical staff, so being able to hold a fluid conversation in another language, will make the support we give our customers easier for them. If you don't speak a second language don't worry, we are still keen to meet with you if you have great customer service skills. It is fair to say that no 2 days are the same in TMA team, one minute you'll organise emergency medical admissions, surgical procedures or even ensuring the customer has emergency accommodation the next you maybe facilitating ambulance evacuations. You will need to be empathetic, supportive and really listen to our customers' needs. You will support our accounts team in making sure the invoices are paid on time and completing some admin tasks.
This role can be done from the comfort of your home, as part of a new hybrid way of working we are embracing, where you will come into Farnham office estimated around 20% of your time.
Training will be conducted in the office between Monday- Friday for the first 4 weeks.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday - Sunday, shifts:
- Early day shift : 06.45hrs to 14.45hrs
- Late day shift: 13.15hrs to 21.15hrs
- Couple Saturdays or Sundays a month 09.00hrs to 17.00hrs
What you'll need:
Do you have a similar experience? Amazing! If not, that's fine - full training and support will be given.
Other skills you'll need:
- PC skills - knowledge of Microsoft package
- Problem solving skills
- Willing to be a part of multinational team and develop and excellent knowledge about Travel Insurance and Assistance
- Can you speak another language? This can really be put to use in this role by making medical arrangements easier to organise and the whole process run smoother.
Ways of Working
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.
Read our flexible working approach here.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.