Vehicle Damage Assessor
Here at Direct Line Group Auto Services, we genuinely care about what we do and strive to provide a phenomenal quality of service for our customers.
We know that our customer’s vehicles make getting from A to B that much easier, whether it’s to do the weekly shop, the school run or to get things delivered, it’s all important.
What we’re looking for:
The future is ambitious now the technologies used in Body Shops are evolving every single day, which is really helping us re-shape vehicle repair industry. That’s why we’re excited to be growing our teams and looking for people to join us as a
- Vehicle Damage Assessor
All roles are at the heart of our Auto Services business and you’ll need be hard working, upbeat and committed to delivering the best repair service.
As a Vehicle Damage Assessor, we want you to bring your previous experience, skills and knowledge to the team. Working with a team of VDA’s, creating vehicle repair estimates in line with volume and cost control requirements to our very high standards as well as working to tight deadlines to meet our customer’s needs.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be working within site guidelines to ensure the effective workflow of job cards to meet the volume targets and identify fast track repairs, ensure parts orders are accurate and follow purchase procedures
- You will be constantly reviewing repair methodologies to ensure all repairs are cost- effective
- You will be liaising with the policyholder and Direct Line Group engineering functions where vehicles are borderline repairable or beyond economical repair
- The constant delivery of service level agreements, ensuring customers are contacted regarding repairs and non-related damage and where applicable agree amended repair hours with the workshop leadership teams and technicians
- You will be accountable for Health and Safety regulations, company health and safety policies and procedures appropriate to role
- You will achieve and maintain and embed all “standard methodology” and “lean activities” as instructed by business strategy.
We would like you to have had previous experience in a similar role with the following skills/knowledge:
- Experience and strong knowledge of vehicle repair.
- Knowledge of Thatcham repair methods, Audatex and ATA is preferred.
- You will have the ability to prioritise your workloads to ensure you achieve targets.
Who you’ll be working with:
We know you’ve heard this all before, but the culture here at DLG really is something else. We embrace our individuality – you’ll see it in the way that we think and work, it’s all about ensuring you can enjoy making a contribution, have some fun and be yourself in every aspect. We encourage each other to be the best we can be: no opinion goes unheard, no achievement goes unrecognised, and no idea goes unknown – we even reward you for them! We encourage our people to work together, aim higher and to be the best they can be – for customers, colleagues and the business. It’s an indefinable “DLGness” that makes us who we are, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
You will be working as part of the VDA team reporting directly to your line manager and you will also be a part of the wider site team.
What we’ll give you:
Rewarding you is important to us, that's why we'll recognise your hard work and support you give our customers every step of the way with a very competitive salary and an industry leading reward package
Our teams are always supporting their local communities and love getting involved in charity events and family days.
All company car scheme. We all want to do our bit for the planet, but sometimes we need a car to get us and our families around. Our all company car scheme allows colleagues to apply for our electric car scheme regardless of their length of service, to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way, as long as they meet the qualifying criteria.