Assistant Underwriter Apprenticeship
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for people who want to make a difference, take ownership, and play an active role. Whether you’re a first jobber, wanting a career change or you’re returning to work, our new Assistant Underwriter Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to earn whilst you learn, pick up qualifications, develop new skills and build a great foundation for the future.
Over the course of this apprenticeship, you will work towards a Level 3 Insurance Practitioner qualification.
You’ll need at least
- GCSE English & Maths 4-9 (C-A*) or equivalent, however if you have extenuating circumstances please do get in touch
- Level 3 qualification (A level, BTEC or equivalent)
Who you’ll be working with
A new and exciting opportunity to join our new Speciality team based in Leeds.
You will assist in the winning and retaining of profitable business from brokers serviced by the team using your underwriting and trading skills, delivering a high-quality service. The role involves a rotation of workload and accountabilities ranging from technical underwriting to policy administration, telephony contact with brokers and managing general agents, delivering new business, renewals and mid-term adjustments/referrals as necessary. It will include an element of portfolio administration and handling of large binder written business.
What you’ll be doing
Some of the key activities you will learn and do over the course of the apprenticeship are:
- Delivery of niche and speciality financial plan (including rate carry and retention)
- Deliver quality broker service in line with our SLA’s
- Accurate & timely preparation and delivery of allocated work
- Demonstrate ability to take ownership of business issues and fully utilise underwriting authority using our Underwriting Guidelines to meet required profit targets
- Develop effective working relationships with all key stakeholders, people & customers to support in delivery of objectives
- Contribute to wider business activities and be a positive ambassador for the team across NIG/DLG
- To work as part of a team identifying, sharing and implementing knowledge and best practice
What we’ll give you
Base Salary - £20,800
Location: Bromley or Leeds – your time will be split between the office and home
9% pension contribution
Bonus - up to £500 in Year 1 and up to £750 in Year 2 (dependent on performance and completion of qualification)
Weekly working hours – 35 hours per week
Start Date – TBC
Ways of working:
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
How much you’ll be in the office depends on your role, and we’ll consider the flexible working options that work best for you. Please get in touch with the team to discuss.
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we’re committed to making DLG a truly inclusive place to work.
We recognise and embrace that people work in different ways and we’ll always adapt as much as possible so you have the best and most comfortable working environment that we can offer. We know you’re more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, can bring real potential to DLG.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
If you want to find out more, contact us on 0345 877 6309 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org