Claims Handler - Subsidence
What we are looking for:
We are looking for people to join our Large & Complex Loss (L&CL) claims team who are handling both first party subsidence claims (any value) and high value household property claims (over £50k in value) from notification through to completion.
Skills you will need:
- Experience in handling household property claims
- Knowledge and understanding of Subsidence insurance claims
- Ability and flexibility to adapt easy with fast-changing priorities
- Great communication and negotiation skills
- Great organisation and problem solving skills
What you will be doing:
Reporting to your Team Manager, you will work alongside our Large & Complex Loss claims team. Together, you will deliver a first class customer service though pro-active management of subsidence and property claims portfolios. This will include in-depth investigation of the information you have, identifying the root cause and liaising with internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve the most efficient outcomes. You will support and contribute to claims technical strategy and practice.
- Settling claims in a cost effective matter
- Maintaining your claims portfolio to meet or exceed agreed SLA’s and caseload /FTE targets
- Regularly updating customers and others involved in process
- Keeping on top of engagement with our suppliers
Ways of Working
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.
Read our flexible working approach here.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Location: Glasgow or Leeds
Home Working: Hybrid model
Working hours: 35 hour per week (Monday - Friday)
Can’t find the job you’re looking for? Register to be notified as soon as new jobs become available. Enter your email address. Choose the job category and/or enter a location that you’re interested in. And then click “Add” to add the criteria and “Sign Up” to create your job alert.