Digital Scrum Master
What we’re looking for:
At Greenflag we are well into our very exciting digital transformation journey and here, we are all about delivery.
We believe behind every successful Agile Team is a set of highly motivated individuals, so we are on the lookout for an exceptionally driven Scrum Master to join our growing team.
You’ll build, coach and guide the scrum team, being the driving force behind delivering revolutionising digital products within an Agile environment.
We’re looking for an individual with a curious mindset who isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo and get stuck in.
Communicating and collaborating effectively will come naturally to you and you’ll have a real burning desire to inspire those around you with your “can do” mentality.
We’re also hot on the latest tech and you’ll be given all the tools you’ll need to deliver in your new role – the sky really is the limit!
We can offer this role to work remotely or to work at one of our hub locations, however there will be a requirement to be in our Bromley office c.2 days per month for PI planning sessions.
Who you’ll be working with:
We’re a high performing, hardworking, diverse team with a multitude of talent across the board! You’ll work closely with other Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Developers, Engineers, Designers – plus more!
What you’ll be doing:
As our Scrum Master you’ll be the Scrum owner and SME in the team, able to answer questions and challenges related to the Agile approach and its operational application. Additionally this role will have a strong focus on delivery and you’ll be responsible for a range of activities such as;
- Transforming the team by mentoring, embracing and operating Scrum properly to effectively support the business
- Dedicated to helping the team to perform to their highest ability and to continually improve
- Responsible for building a culture of trust and no-blame within the team
- Facilitating the team across all the ceremonies to help promote complete and relevant team participation
- Champion the agile frameworks (Scrum and Kanban), ensuring that Agile principles are practised by peers and understood by stakeholders
- Creating and owning delivery plans to include dependencies, blockers and taking responsibility for RAID activities
- Be a pivotal part of driving forward and delivering change within your team as well as working in strong alignment with our other scrum teams
We want to make sure you are set for success, so here are some of the skills and experiences we’re keen to see. We understand you might not tick all of them but we’d still love to hear from you;
- Previous experience in a similar role / involvement within a Scrum Team and experience of delivery within a tech environment
- Strong knowledge and experience of agile ways of working
- A true collaborator with the ability to build and empower teams
What we’ll give you:
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
We’ve ditched the daily commute for a virtual first approach. If you do come into the office, there are exciting workspaces and zones you can use, depending on the type of work you are doing.
How much you’ll be in the office depends on your role, and we’ll consider the flexible working options that work best for you. Please get in touch with the team to discuss.
Additionally, we’re always encouraging internal development and you’ll have access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry knowledge.
We also have quiz nights, team lunches, wellness walks and team nights out – we’re always on the move.