Insurance Higher Apprenticeship - Level 4
What we’re looking for
An apprenticeship with DLG will help you kick start your career in Insurance, whilst you work towards a Level 4 Insurance Professional qualification. Believe it or not, working in Insurance is fun! We’re searching for six apprentices to join our teams. Over the course of this apprenticeship, you will, adopt the DLG behaviours and values to deliver great customer outcomes, centred around sustained business value. We will give you a deep knowledge of the insurance market, and nurture entrepreneurial skills. You will also learn through innovation in order to develop industry-leading, cutting-edge solutions that add value to our customers’ lives.
To be eligible to apply for this apprenticeship you will:
- Firstly, you’ll need to have an A*-C (9-4) GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English, which you’ll be able to evidence
- Plus 3 A-Levels' or equivalent in any subject
- We’re also looking for dedication, attention to detail and an analytical mentality alongside great communication skills
Who you’ll be working with
Customer and Commercial Value (CCV) is the area where everyone is a mini-CEO, taking a broad, commercial and strategic view of our product and customers. During this apprenticeship, you will gain experience in and develop skills across four key CCV skillsets: product management, market expertise and the voice of our customer, financial management, and stakeholder management.
What you’ll be doing
You will be supported throughout your apprenticeship to develop these areas of expertise by:
- Using data and information to build business cases, design and develop insurance products that meet the needs of our customers
- Reviewing the success of products, through the value they provide our customers and the financial value they bring to the business
- Reviewing regulatory rules and applicable law to understand how they apply to your role and our business
- Understanding the needs of our customers and bringing their voice to life when working with your team
- Exploring internal and external insights to get a broad understanding of the insurance industry
- Involvement in budgeting and reporting of financial information
- Developing relationships with colleagues at all levels of seniority, to build a strong professional network.
Start Date – TBC
What we’ll give you
Base Salary - £20,800 Leeds or £22,000 Bromley (due to London Living Wage)
Location: Bromley or Leeds – your time will be split between the office and home
9% pension contribution
Bonus - up to £500 in Year 1 and up to £750 in Year 2 (dependent on performance and completion of qualification)
Weekly working hours – 35 hours per week
Ways of working:
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
We’ve ditched the daily commute for a virtual first approach. If you do come into the office, there are exciting workspaces and zones you can use, depending on the type of work you are doing.
How much you’ll be in the office depends on your role, and we’ll consider the flexible working options that work best for you. Please get in touch with the team to discuss.
If you want to find out more, contact us on 0345 877 6309 or email us at email@example.com