At Direct Line Group, insurance is just the start. Combining decades of industry experience with talented people in every field from data, technology, customer care and auto repair, to HR, finance and procurement , we’re a customer-obsessed market powerhouse. And we all work together to be brilliant for customers, every day.
Our HR teams do it all. From Resourcing to Learning and Development, Payroll to Rewards and Benefits, across Culture and Candidate Induction, they keep us moving forward. Whether they’re recruiting new talent into our teams, or developing the reward structures we offer our people, they keep support at the heart of everything they do.
What you'll be doing:
Are you ready to take on an important role in ensuring the smooth operation of our Payroll department? We are looking for a proactive Payroll Administrator to join our team in a full-time, 6-month fixed-term contract. This is an excellent opportunity to kick-start your career in Payroll and Benefits with hands-on training provided at our Leeds office for the initial 4-6 weeks.
Reporting to the Payroll People Manager, you will make sure our employees are getting paid on time, handling payment and any other pay related queries, and develop your own knowledge of Payroll and Benefits and collaborate with your colleagues to help provide service excellence.
- Produce accurate payroll and benefit information.
- Ensure strict adherence to all business processes and controls.
- Maintain compliance with recognized business standards and supporting internal and external audits.
- Resolve queries and perform balancing and reconciliation of payroll and benefits.
- Judiciously escalating unresolved issues to the Team Manager and Senior Administrator.
- Cultivate relationships with all partners, delivering top-notch customer service.
- Apply "Systems Thinking" methodologies to contribute to continuous process improvement.
- Support system and business process development and testing.
- Identify, owning, and managing the risks associated with business operations within the scope of your role, in alignment with the Direct Line Group risk framework.
What you'll need:
- An excellent understanding of current statutory regulations related to payroll and benefits, with practical application experience.
- Ability to perform complex manual payroll calculations in compliance with statutory and business requirements.
- Proficiency in excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), PowerPoint, and MS Office skills.
- Understanding of stakeholder requirements and the ability to align with the HR Strategy and Vision.
- A commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
Ways of Working
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.
Read our flexible working approach here.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.