Pricing Analyst Developer
Pricing Analyst Developer
Leeds or London (visit to either Office x1 per week
An opportunity to demonstrate and develop your skills in data and visual analytics using innovative tools such as Tableau and Alteryx.
At Direct Line Group, insurance is just the start. Combining decades of industry experience with talented people in every field from data, technology, customer care and auto repair, to HR, finance and procurement , we’re a customer-obsessed market powerhouse. And we all work together to be brilliant for customers, every single day.
What you’ll be doing
As a Pricing Analyst Developer you’ll join the wider Pricing & Underwriting Development team, pro-actively planning and managing your own tasks to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of projects, and engaging in technical discussions with both external suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure current and future business needs are met.
This will involve;
- Assisting with the development of Alteryx based processes to deliver modelling benefits
- You’ll be strongly focussed on in-depth analysis of data and the delivery of recommendations for modelling and pricing across various disciplines within Commercial Insurance and will build, support and help develop data models and management information (MI) using Alteryx.
- Ensure best practice is adopted in terms of data cleaning, blending, circulation and maintenance.
- Responsible to provide insights, impacts and recommendations to the wider team and business, and will provide analytical support to help inform business decisions and strategy.
- Identify inefficiencies, appropriately challenge current processes and develop improvements in line with the company risk framework, making suggestions for improvement
What we’re looking for
- Excellent communication skills and ability to prioritise and drive your own workload
- Hands on experience of Alteryx is essential for this role
- Experience in a similar role and with a numerical, statistical background
- Knowledge of SQL, tableau and AWS would be highly beneficial
- Experience within General Insurance and data quality principles would also be beneficial
What we’ll give you
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- Up to 10% annual bonus
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.