Senior Claims MI Analyst
What you'll need:
Experience in insurance and analytics is important. You'll have experience utilising business intelligence skills involving complex datasets. You'll be analytically minded and be able to interpret and present quantitative data and find end-to-end solutions.
- People management experience
- Forecasting experience
- A proficient user of Microsoft applications
- SQL coding ability
- SAS Enterprise Guide (or equivalent) experience is desirable, as is experience of Tableau, Qlik Sense, Alteryx or Power BI
- The ability to investigate issues and make recommendations for business improvements
- You'll have the mindset to challenge your approach to work; being able to generate new insights and ways of doing things
What you'll be doing:
In 2021, DLG spent c.£1.72 Billion on claims. This important role is to help us understand this ongoing spend – the frequency of claims, the types of claims and the severity of claims. You will need to be good with numbers, but it's more about what the numbers mean and how we can use data to drive our performance. Other duties include:
- Work with and develop forecasting tools to model future trends
- Produce analytical output, both written and oral, to explain and improve performance
- Provide expertise, data and analytics to successfully support projects, both within Claims and the wider business
- Use code and statistical techniques to interrogate data, identifying trends and improvement opportunities for important drivers across the business as well as producing forecasts for future performance
- Using your experience to help us be innovative, dynamic and curious
- Focus on costs, process improvements and efficiencies to contribute to the profitability of Direct Line Group
Ways of Working
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.
Read our flexible working approach here.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
Salary - £40,000 - £60,000
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.