Technical Property Team Leader
What you'll need:
Are you an experienced property claims professional who can coach and develop a team of technical experts? Do you have a background in handling complex claims such as large loss, subsidence, recovery, or claims requiring DRR activity? If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for Technical Property Team Leaders to join our Large and Complex Loss division.
Skills you'll have:
- Experience in property claims handling
- Experience coaching or managing a team
- Analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills
What you'll be doing:
Reporting to our Technical Property Claims Manager, you will lead and mentor a team of technical specialists who each manage their own caseload of claims cradle to grave.
In Leeds, the opportunity sits working with large loss property, subsidence, and subrogated recovery claims, whilst in Glasgow the opportunity is around managing DRR activity on escape of water and fire property damage claims.
- Monitor and review the performance of the team, providing feedback and guidance
- Collaborate with our suppliers and all other stakeholders throughout the claims process
- Contribute to the development and improvement of technical standards, best practices and processes within the division
Ways of Working
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.
Read our flexible working approach here.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- Support for further qualifications
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Working hours- 35 hours a week, Monday - Friday 9am-5pm
Location- Glasgow or Leeds (working from the office approximately 1/2 days a week)
Can’t find the job you’re looking for? Register to be notified as soon as new jobs become available. Enter your email address. Choose the job category and/or enter a location that you’re interested in. And then click “Add” to add the criteria and “Sign Up” to create your job alert.