Actuarial Pricing Analyst
Actuarial Pricing Analyst – Centre of Expertise, Pricing & Underwriting
London/Leeds/Home (office visits c. 1-2x per month)
Let’s make the most of your talent.
We are looking to recruit an Actuarial Pricing Analyst to join our Commercial Lines team in our Pricing Profitability team to product the Pricing Best Estimate (PBE) and POS (Possible Outcome Scenarios).
At Direct Line Group, insurance is just the start. Combining decades of industry experience with talented people in every field, we’re a customer-obsessed market powerhouse. And we all work together to be brilliant for customers, every single day.
Pricing and Underwriting is a complicated world, where historical data, geospatial information, and mathematical models meet talented analysts. Pricing our products is a fine line between balancing our business goals and customer needs. That’s why our pricers and underwriters are the best of the best. They reduce risk and predict future events ensuring our business can continue to grow whilst each and every one of our consumers gets the best price.
What you’ll be doing
Our mission is to be a best-in-class function. And, to be the best of the best we need exceptional people. You’ll report into one of our Principal Analysts, supporting with Pricing Best Estimate and Possible Outcome Scenarios. You may already have some experience within actuarial / pricing but regardless, you’ll be curious, continually seeking out ways to learn and develop.
Day to day you’ll…
- Support with the quarterly reviews of the Pricing Best Estimate (PBE) and POS (Possible Outcome Scenarios) process for all Commercial Lines Products
- Work closely with various teams such as Corporate Actuarial, Claims, Pricing and modelling teams to unlock value through shared data, systems and methods.
- Support with ensuring the data is of sufficient quality to be used in the POS/PBE projections and work closely with Data & MI team for timely releases of related data and reports
- Strive continuously to improve the statistical validity and efficiency of all modelling, projection processes and techniques.
- Support with managing the risks involved in running our business appropriately to this role, in line with the company risk framework.
What we are looking for
We are keen to meet enthusiastic, passionate and curious individuals with a breadth of experience across pricing.
- Previous experience in a similar role within pricing / actuarial or have a maths/engineering/data background and looking to develop a career within pricing/actuarial space
- Have understanding of data quality, processing and data visualisation principles, additionally some knowledge within data science would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of SAS/Python/SQL
- Demonstrated evidence of curiosity to develop your skillset
What we’ll give you:
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our people and the wide variety of perspectives and life experiences they bring. That’s why we offer excellent benefits to suit your lifestyle and a flexible working model combining the best parts of home and office-working, varying with the nature of your role. Core benefits include:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Up to 10% annual bonus
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
- Read our flexible working approach here.
We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any reasonable adjustments within this recruitment process, please reach out to us and we can discuss how we can support you with this.
There’s no-one else like you. No-one with the exact same mix of strengths, quirks, skills, and thoughts. That’s why you could belong here. As part of a team, in a place that empowers you to be the best you can be. We’re proud of who we are, of what we do, and what every one of us brings. Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business.
Join us. Help us keep innovating and putting customers at the heart of everything. To be an insurance company of the future. When we work together, we can all achieve great things. Inspiring, challenging, and supporting each other to aim higher.
Together we’re one of a kind.