Application Fraud Lead - Pricing & Underwriting
Application Fraud Lead – Pricing & Underwriting
Let’s make the most of your talent.
We are looking to recruit an Application Fraud Lead within our Pricing & Underwriting Chapter.
At Direct Line Group, insurance is just the start. Combining decades of industry experience with talented people in every field, we’re a customer-obsessed market powerhouse. And we all work together to be brilliant for customers, every single day.
Pricing and Underwriting is a complicated world, where historical data, geospatial information, and mathematical models meet talented analysts. Pricing our products is a fine line between balancing our business goals and customer needs. That’s why our pricers and underwriters are the best of the best. They reduce risk and predict future events ensuring our business can continue to grow whilst each and every one of our consumers gets the best price.
What you’ll be doing
Our mission is to be a best-in-class function. And, to be the best of the best we need exceptional people. This is where your expertise comes into play, joining our Motor Manufacturing Tribe who are responsible for setting the risk cost for motor policies, you’ll play a crucial role in mitigating fraudulent activity at Direct Line Group.
These are some of the activities you’ll be involved in;
- Setting the strategy for application fraud controls for pricing & underwriting
- Collaborating with operations and claims counter fraud to ensure that we effective fraud controls across all areas
- Monitoring the motor portfolio for application fraud risk and taking appropriate action
- Using data enrichment and predictive modelling to screen for application fraud risk
What we are looking for
We are keen to meet enthusiastic, passionate and curious individuals, and are open to hear from those with specialisms of either pricing or underwriting, key is your breath of experience and understanding across both areas.
- Previous experience within UK motor, personal lines
- Experience of managing application fraud within the UK motor industry
- Quantitative underwriting experience
- Knowledge of predictive modelling and data science techniques
- Ability to inspire and engage colleagues to do their best work every day, with a strong external network to bring in best practise and new concepts to DLG.
What we’ll give you:
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our people and the wide variety of perspectives and life experiences they bring. That’s why we offer excellent benefits to suit your lifestyle and a flexible working model combining the best parts of home and office-working, varying with the nature of your role. Core benefits include:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Up to 20% annual bonus
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private medical insurance for yourself
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Read our flexible working approach here.
We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any reasonable adjustments within this recruitment process, please reach out to us and we can discuss how we can support you with this.
There’s no-one else like you. No-one with the exact same mix of strengths, quirks, skills, and thoughts. That’s why you could belong here. As part of a team, in a place that empowers you to be the best you can be. We’re proud of who we are, of what we do, and what every one of us brings. Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business.
Join us. Help us keep innovating and putting customers at the heart of everything. To be an insurance company of the future. When we work together, we can all achieve great things. Inspiring, challenging, and supporting each other to aim higher.
Together we’re one of a kind.