Audit Manager - Customer
At Direct Line Group, insurance is just the start. Combining decades of industry experience with talented people in every field from data, technology, customer care and auto repair, to HR, finance, and procurement, we’re a customer-obsessed market powerhouse. And we all work together to be brilliant for customers, every single day.
Our Group Internal Audit function is the central office of impartial accountability. Delving deep into our operations and how we serve our customers, they navigate complex landscapes to ensure compliance and ethical standards, playing a vital role in maintaining the trust our customers and stakeholders place in us. Continuously evolving methods of safeguarding our organisation, they ensure that our commitment to excellence is unwavering.
We are seeking an experienced Audit Manager with expertise in the Customer domain to join our dynamic Group Audit (GA) function. Reporting to our Audit Director for Customer, you will play a crucial role in leading and delivering assigned audits when it comes to customer conduct, product design, sales, post sales and claims handling. ensuring that technical expertise, commercial awareness, and business acumen are integrated into audit planning and reporting.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Lead and deliver audit assignments within your specialist domain (Customer), ensuring assurance on key risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Collaborate with Senior Audit Managers to establish impactful relationships with business management, aligning assurance activity with inherent risks and strategic agendas.
- Ensure accountability for delivering high-quality audit work in accordance with GA standards and professional best practice.
- Supporting the GA leadership team in delivering a reliable periodic opinion on the adequacy, effectiveness, and sustainability of key risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Contribute to strategic improvements within GA and support audit team colleagues in their performance and development.
What We’re Looking For:
Customer focussed expertise is essential, along with the ability to lead and undertake audits.
You’ll have experience in areas related to customer conduct, and have a grasp of the unique challenges, risks and controls, as well as understanding the applicable laws and regulations which impact its processes.
You’ll need to collaborate effectively with internal business leaders and their colleagues, so good communication and relationship management skills are important too.
If you are an audit professional with a passion for driving excellence in the Customer domain, apply today and become a key player in our GA function.
Join us in shaping the future of customer assurance.
Lets bring on your best.
Ways of Working
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.
Read our flexible working approach here.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension, which you can take as cash if you want
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Annual bonus of up to 10%
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- 25-28 days annual leave
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Collectively we help every business within our group aim higher. Standing shoulder-to-shoulder to stand out in the market, we want to be an insurance company of the future. And with so many areas to choose from, your ambitions are welcome here. See your opportunity to start a career that’s varied, distinct and exciting. Visit directlinegroupcareers.com
Together we’re one of a kind.