Cyber Defence Vulnerability & Testing Manager
At Direct Line Group, insurance is just the start. Combining decades of industry experience with talented people in every field from data, technology, customer care and auto repair, to HR, finance and procurement , we’re a customer-obsessed market powerhouse. And we all work together to be brilliant for customers, every single day.
We’re evolving, to be a more digitally-focused data-driven insurance company of the future – and your unique talent, skills and ideas can drive our success. Like us, you thrive on collaboration, exploration and innovation. And like you, we take tech seriously. That’s why we’re embracing the move to a more digital, flexible world. With constant investment in the newest tools, programmes and equipment for our teams, it all adds up to creating the best possible user experience for customers. And a great career for you. Join us. Own the evolution.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Vulnerability & Testing Manager to join our Cyber Defence Leadership Team! Reporting into the Head of Cyber Defence, you'll manage the identification of posture weaknesses across the Direct Line Group technology estate, providing day to day leadership on identification and improvement opportunities, and ensuring service owners are aware of weaknesses in their security posture and are empowered with the right information to take appropriate actions.
What you'll be doing:
You'll be responsible for running an effective vulnerability management, security testing and cloud security posture management (CSPM) service. You'll also be responsible for:
- Our end-to-end Vulnerability Management program (excl. patching), including identification, contextualisation, recording, tracking, escalation & reporting.
- Our Cloud Security Posture Management capability and associated automated actions or escalations.
- Our SDLC operational security tooling, ensuring effective management and running of our SAST/DAST and other appropriate security testing tools.
- Our group security testing program; across both release and regular certification activities
- Managing all aspects of the vulnerability & CSPM lifecycle excluding patch management.
- Defining a Vulnerability & CSPM strategy and recruiting aligned to this alongside the wider Cyber Defence Centre Operating Model.
- Creating, improving, and maintaining the process and procedural documentation that define DLG’s vulnerability and posture weakness identification, contextualisation, prioritisation and tracking framework.
- Relationship management with key technology stakeholders to ensure vulnerability (including cloud configuration weakness) priorities are understood and tracked appropriately.
- Development and maintenance of key performance and risk indicators (KPI’s & KRI’s) that provide a view over the effectiveness of the groups Vulnerability Management & Cloud Security program.
- Collaborating with the wider Cyber Defence and CISO teams to ensure appropriate mitigation actions are considered within our security capabilities; putting automation at the heart of everything we do
- Developing and training the Security Testing Lead and ensuring the wider Security Testing Team have appropriate development plans and opportunities to undertake activities related to these.
- Creating and continuously improving a regular red and purple team program aligned to key threat information.
- Ensuring the group has appropriate controls and processes in place, from a testing perspective, to support a modern, quick-release SDLC model.
- Ensuring our people feel empowered and enabled. Working with the wider leadership team to cross-skill and drive high-performing teams.
What you'll need:
- Proven track record leading a security team or function where you have had to collaborate across stakeholders with differing levels of technical security competency.
- Advanced knowledge and an understanding of operational excellence in Cloud Security Posture Management and Vulnerability Management programs.
- Understanding risk, resource availability and business objectives at a group level is key. Putting our customers interests at the heart of everything we do must always come first.
- Experience with vulnerability and cloud security posture management tools across multi-cloud estates.
- Experience applying contextualisation to identified posture weaknesses, both from a threat intelligence and internal technology architecture perspective.
- Strong understanding of automation and how this must play a role in all stages of vulnerability identification and prioritisation.
- Experience as part of or leading a team responsible for security testing within a large technology estate.
- Very strong ability to communicate with both technical and executive audiences.
- Security certifications such as CISM, CISSP, M.Inst.ISP, CISA by a recognised professional body
It's desirable if you have:
- Best practice understanding of Azure, AWS & GCP environments setup.
- Understanding of wider Cyber Defence areas, such as threat intelligence, operations and engineering and how these areas influence posture improvements opportunities.
- Experience working in financial environments undergoing large cloud transformations
- Security certifications such as GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), EC-Council Certified Incident Handler (ECIH) by a recognised professional body
- Cloud Security Administrator or Auditor certifications (or equivalent based on cloud platform)
Ways of Working
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.
Read our flexible working approach here.
This is a hybrid opportunity with the expectation to be in our London Bridge office c. 2 times per month.
We wouldn’t be where we are today without our people and the wide variety of perspectives and life experiences they bring. That’s why we offer excellent benefits to suit your lifestyle and a flexible working model combining the best parts of home and office-working, varying with the nature of your role. Our core benefits include:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Private medical cover
- Up to 20% bonus
- 30 days annual leave plus the option to buy/sell up to 5 days per year
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more!
Difference makes us who we are. We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work – that’s why we champion diverse voices, build workplaces that work for people, and invest in the things that matter. From senior leadership to inclusivity networks, adaptive working to inclusion training, we’ve made it our mission to give you everything you need to be authentically you. Discover more at directlinegroupcareers.com
Together we’re one of a kind.