Head of Finance Results and Production
What we're looking for:
We're currently recruiting for Head of Finance Results and Production to head up our Finance Results Production team. You will be a key part of our Finance Operations leadership team and will need to have a strong understanding of Finance processes, systems and the financial control environment. You'll have experience in leading and managing large finance operational teams, including offshore teams.
You'll be someone who is comfortable working in a dynamic environment, who is willing to test learn and adapt with the intention to transform and improve processes consistently and collaborate effectively with Centres of Expertise and other stakeholders.
Who you'll be working with:
Reporting to the Director of Finance Operations and Control, you'll head up our Results Production Hub, part of a new Shared Service team at Direct Line Group.
You'll lead a large team across three locations, and you'll also manage the relationship with our offshore partner, ensuring our teams work together to deliver commitments, drive value and continuous improvements.
What you'll be doing:
- You’ll lead the development of the Shared Service production hub, responsible for the execution of technical and payment and cash related processes and controls.
- Lead, develop and use appropriate judgement to deliver excellent performance throughout financial results production, in line with the Direct Line Group values and strategy.
- Establish, own, and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders within Finance and more broadly within DLG and our key Suppliers, Brokers and Partners. This includes owning the strategic relationships with EXL, WorldPay, RBS, Lloyds, HSBC, American Express and Moorcroft.
- Work alongside the Finance Change team to ensure that all new projects / developments are delivered into production in accordance with the DLG minimum standards. The role is key to the control of underlying financial transactions within DLG.
- Responsible for ensuring that results production and end to end processes are regularly reviewed through adherence to minimum standards and best practice.
- Responsible for Direct Line Group cash management, ensuring all moneys are paid on a timely basis and all cash is appropriately allocated.
- Ensure the completion of the monthly close time table through the management of a team of financial professionals across on and offshore shared service teams.
- Ensure that the payment authorisation matrix is implemented, maintained and reflects the changing requirements of DLG.
- Provide effective financial controls through regular monitoring of all reconciliations and the payment and receipt processes behind them.
Ways of Working
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.
Read our flexible working approach here.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- Generous 9% employer pension. Regardless of whether you contribute into your pension or not, DLG pay 9% into your pension (but you can take this as cash if you want!)
- Eligibility for annual performance bonus of up to 20%
- Generous holidays, 30 days of annual leave (excluding bank holidays). Plus, the option of buying or selling upto 5 days each year!
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance
- Free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Electric Vehicle car scheme which allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way
- Free private medical cover for you!
- Buy-as-you-earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Can’t find the job you’re looking for? Register to be notified as soon as new jobs become available. Enter your email address. Choose the job category and/or enter a location that you’re interested in. And then click “Add” to add the criteria and “Sign Up” to create your job alert.