Group Marketing and Brand Director (Marketing Master Chapter Area Lead)
We're Direct Line Group – known mainly for the 'red telephone' or Churchill the dog. But, we're home to some of the country's best-known brands including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Greenflag, Direct Line for Business, Darwin, and NIG and also work with a number of Brand Partners too! Our vision is to create a world where insurance is personal, inclusive, and a force for good, and our purpose is to help people carry on with their lives- giving them peace of mind now and in the future.
In our ongoing journey to revolutionise insurance, we've created a Chief Commercial Office (CCO) to move at pace and combine our customer expertise to use our data and insight to change and give customers the products they want and need, both now and in the future. Within the CCO is an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Director (or Marketing Master Chapter Area Lead as we call it within our Agile model) responsible for our Marketing Chapter to implement a brand marketing strategy.
Reporting into the Chief Commercial Officer, this is a strategic role responsible for delivering the execution of the brand strategy to develop proposition and marketing strategies, growing long-term equity of the DLG consumer brands, and delivering customer pull to attain the footfall and brand led retention inherent in the DLG business plan. You will lead the development of the functional strategy, considering external market trends and new ideas in and outside insurance to drive innovative marketing approaches.
We have a fantastic team across our Marketing Chapter, and being aligned with our Leadership Behaviours is so important (being curious, testing learning and adapting, building trust, empowering others, being aligned on outcomes). We want to equip our teams to grow and acquire skills for now and the future - that's the only way our business strategy will continue to evolve but we need to lead through our people.
- Create and lead a centre of excellence for advertising, marketing planning and execution, multi-channel, working collaboratively with the areas to develop plans aligned to their objectives, whilst delivering Return on investment in line with good practice identifying better ways to add value to customers and our business
- Lead and develop skills and capability within our Marketing Chapter - inspiring, engaging, and motivating the team to deliver our business goals
- Create a learning-led organisation, developing craft through the sharing of expertise, continuous feedback and mentoring between Chapter members
- Ensure we have done our market research when it comes to executing sales promos, advertising, and all public relations
- Liaise with our Heads of Products and Heads of Customer Service and Sales in coordinating product, pricing, marketing, service and sales activities
- Actively support the interpretation of customer experience standards as they are operationalised through product and channel developments
- Keep aware of and ensuring compliance with the rules, requirements and principles of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and any other relevant legal/ regulatory/risk management framework including the Conduct Standards and Rules
What you'll need:
- Experience driving business results through Marketing and Branding in an agile environment
- Broad industry experience e.g. Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) / Retail, E-business, and Financial Services
- Range of experience from operational or commercial/product roles, including P&L accountability
- Knowledge of FCA requirements relevant to Marketing and Advertising, and Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) guidelines is desirable
Ways of Working
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- Generous 9% employer pension. Regardless of whether you contribute into your pension or not, DLG pay 9% into your pension (but you can take this as cash if you want!)
- Eligibility for annual performance bonus and long term incentives
- Free private medical cover
- Generous holidays - 30 days annual leave (excluding the bank holidays). Plus, the option of buying or selling upto 5 days each year!
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance
- Free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Electric Vehicle car scheme which allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way
- Buy-as-you-earn share scheme
- Retail discounts and cashback on everyday shopping!
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.