Pricing Risk Manager
At Direct Line Group, insurance is just the start. Combining decades of industry experience with talented people in every field from data, technology, customer care and auto repair, to HR, finance and procurement , we’re a customer-obsessed market powerhouse. And we all work together to be brilliant for customers, every single day.
Our Risk and Compliance function has embarked on its own 2-year transformation journey with the aim to reposition and rebrand Risk through a re-energised vision and leadership team, as well as scaled up capabilities through investment in our people and in technology, while reviewing the framework, strategy, and overall risk appetite.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join DLG as a Pricing Risk Manager, focused on challenging our pricing and underwriting models, processes, governance and strategy. You'll be supporting the Head of Pricing Risk with leading the second line oversight of Pricing Risk for DLG, including:
- Oversight of technical pricing models
- Pricing and underwriting risk governance
- Strategy and compliance
This is a fantastic role to really hone in and further develop your leadership skills as you'll be relied on and delegated to, on behalf of our Head of Pricing Risk - eg supporting as required at the relevant Risk and governance forums. And to be successful, you'll have to work closely with our counterparts across the business (e.g. Pricing and Underwriting, Finance) and the broader Risk organisation to independently assess and oversee risk taking activities.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide challenge and oversight of pricing models, model governance, pricing strategy, processes and compliance
- Provide challenge and oversight of underwriting risk management, including risk appetite and management of climate change risk
- Provide insurance pricing risk SME to the business and to other financial risk teams
- Translate complex analysis to non-technical audiences, concentrating on material financial impacts of key modelling - ensuring we all understand our risk exposure against the Group risk appetite
- Prepare accurate, timely and relevant reports in line with Executive, Group and senior management requirements including Risk Management Committee and Board Risk Committee
What we're looking for:
- Pricing or similar experience within the UK general insurance market (non-life)
- Strong experience of using Emblem and/or other pricing software
- Ability to communicate technical findings or analysis to non-technical audiences
Hours: 35 hours (Monday - Friday)
Hybrid working: We have a hybrid model with a virtual-first approach which means you would primarily work from home. The team currently meet 1 day a week in our vibrant new London Bridge Office! As long as you live a commutable distance from one of our offices in Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol, London, or Glasgow and understand you might need to travel into London upto 1x a week, that's great. We'll support you as best as we can!
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- Generous 9% employer pension. Regardless of whether you contribute into your pension or not, DLG pay 9% into your pension (but you can take this as cash if you want!)
- Eligibility for annual performance bonus of upto 10%
- Generous holidays, starting with 25 days per year and going up to 28 days (excluding the bank holidays). Plus, the option of buying or selling upto 5 days each year!
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance
- Free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Electric Vehicle car scheme which allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way
- Buy-as-you-earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Collectively we help every business within our group aim higher. Standing shoulderto-shoulder to stand out in the market, we want to be an insurance company of the future. And with so many areas to choose from, your ambitions are welcome here. See your opportunity to start a career that’s varied, distinct and exciting. Visit directlinegroupcareers.com
Together we’re one of a kind.