Security Design Engineer
We are Direct Line Group – home to some of the country's best-known brands including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Greenflag and NIG. Our vision is to create a world where insurance is personal, inclusive, and a force for good, and our purpose is to help people carry on with their lives, giving them peace of mind now and in the future.
DLG is at an important stage in its evolution to be a technology and data company. Following a few years of significant build and transformation of core assets, ranging from telephony to core customer-facing platforms, an Agile transformation for key segments of our business is bedding in with the intent of better serving our customers at pace. However, there is more to do!
As one of our Security Design Engineers within in our Security Design, Innovation & Enablement team, your responsibility is to enable our business in their change and run initiatives whilst remaining secure and resilient.
You will be working closely with our product areas (e.g. Tribe Leads, Engineering Chapter Area Leads, Product Owners etc) and be an SME to provide security consultancy, design and architect secure & resilient solutions whilst promoting an environment and culture of continuous improvement, experimentation and innovation.
N.B This is a hybrid opportunity with the expectation to be in our London office c. 2-4 times per month.
Who you’ll be working with:
You’ll join our CISO function and report into one of our CISO Chapter Area Leads. Our CISO function has been re-energised and comprises of Cyber Defence Centre, Business Resilience, Governance, Risk & Compliance, Privacy & Information Management, Strategy & Operating Office and Security Innovation & Enablement.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of aligned product areas, customer partners, third parties, processes, technologies, and data.
- Understand the direction of travel for your aligned business units to include embedding security and resilience in your area and understanding the risk responsibilities and advising accordingly
- Remain aware of security and resilience landscape of your aligned business unit(s) including all incidents, change programmes and CISO resource requirements.
- Advise your product areas on the most efficient way to deliver change whilst remaining secure and resilient and when to use Enterprise standards, guardrails and patterns.
- Participate in relationships with partners to deliver strategic plans
- Develop expertise in security & resilience specialisms whilst working across multiple disciplines
- Ensure all security and resilience queries and questions within your aligned business units are addressed.
- Acting as the front door and the route into the Security & Resilience CoE for your aligned business units
- Ensure appropriate prioritisation of security and resilience requirements
What you’ll need:
- A deep understanding of cyber security privacy and resilience controls, threat modelling and risk management
- Ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders at various levels
- A keen interest in technology with a regulatory and resilience focus
- Passionate about major trends in the new ways of working, including Lean IT, continuous delivery, cloud processes etc.
Ways of Working
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you. You can find out more about our flexible working approach or please get in touch with the team to discuss.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer such excellent benefits designed to suit you as and when you need them:
- 9% employee contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- Up to 10% bonus
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- 25 days holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
Life at Direct Line Group
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we're committed to making DLG a truly inclusive place to work.
We recognise and embrace that people work in different ways and we'll always adapt as much as possible so you have the best and most comfortable working environment that we can offer. We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, can bring real potential to DLG.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Can’t find the job you’re looking for? Register to be notified as soon as new jobs become available. Enter your email address. Choose the job category and/or enter a location that you’re interested in. And then click “Add” to add the criteria and “Sign Up” to create your job alert.