At Direct Line Group, insurance is just the start. Combining decades of industry experience with talented people in every field from data, technology, customer care and auto repair, to HR, finance, and procurement, we’re a customer-obsessed market powerhouse. And we all work together to be brilliant for customers, every single day.
Our Group Internal Audit function is the central office of impartial accountability. Delving deep into our operations and how we serve our customers, they navigate complex landscapes to ensure compliance and ethical standards, playing a vital role in maintaining the trust our customers and stakeholders place in us. Continuously evolving methods of safeguarding our organisation, they ensure that our commitment to excellence is unwavering.
Reporting to the Head of CoE, you’ll be working with a diverse team across a range of activities. This will include planning audit activity, fieldwork, issues identification and providing input to the audit report.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Provide support to the team across a range of Audit activities, engaging colleagues in a collaborative manner to ensure the team delivers within agreed time-lines.
- Support audit team colleagues in their performance and development by providing performance feedback.
- Identify key risks and controls and assess their effectiveness, conduct testing of controls, write up findings and articulate conclusions.
- Discuss issues with stakeholders and articulate agreed outcomes for inclusion in audit reports.
- Provide appropriate challenge to the audit methodology to improve quality and efficiency and in support of team objectives.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by sharing knowledge, proposing improvements and seeking opportunities to add value.
- Participate in audit planning meetings and information gathering.
- Lead occasional, less complex audits as agreed with line manager and with appropriate coaching and supervision.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for someone with Audit experience, who is keen to develop their career in Internal Audit.
You’ll be confident testing various controls, and reporting your conclusions, as well as being able to challenge audit methodology to improve quality and efficiency.
You’ll also need to be able to collaborate effectively with colleagues, sharing knowledge, proposing improvements, and providing feedback to team members to support their development.
Lets bring on your best.
Ways of Working
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.
Read our flexible working approach here.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension, which you can take as cash if you want
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Annual bonus of up to 10%
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- 25-28 days annual leave
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Collectively we help every business within our group aim higher. Standing shoulder-to-shoulder to stand out in the market, we want to be an insurance company of the future. And with so many areas to choose from, your ambitions are welcome here. See your opportunity to start a career that’s varied, distinct and exciting. Visit directlinegroupcareers.com
Together we’re one of a kind.