Senior Security Operations Analyst
At Direct Line Group, insurance is just the start. Combining decades of industry experience with talented people in every field from data, technology, customer care and auto repair, to HR, finance and procurement , we’re a customer-obsessed market powerhouse. And we all work together to be brilliant for customers, every single day.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Security Operations Analyst to join our re-energised Cyber Defence team! Reporting into the Cyber Defence Security Operations Lead, you will act as the as a secondary contact and escalation point for the team. You'll manage a team of Security Analysts to oversee the day-to-day operational delivery of services provided by our third party 24x7 Security Operations Centre, and will take ownership of our security presence and identify any gaps by working with various stakeholders across the business.
What else you'll be doing:
- Maintaining security oversight of the technical infrastructure delivered by third party suppliers and raising concerns/issues that pose a security risk to the organisation accordingly. You will also manage any operational risk remediation to conclusion and take ownership within the team.
- Managing development and improvements required for detection engineering and associated technologies.
- Responsible for the operational and threat malware analysis for the group.
- Providing security input and for maintaining relationships with the Service Management function in relation to change management, problem management and incident management.
- Responsible for the level 2 / 3 operational Cyber incident response.
- Escalating in a timely manner any incidents and anomalies that are detected within DLG and providing subject matter expertise and guidance for operational challenges.
- Monitoring and responding to emerging threat patterns, vulnerabilities and anomalies and providing escalations of any unknown threats to relevant areas within the company.
- Collating metrics on the status of technical information security controls across the DLG estate, highlighting risk areas and working to develop and manage remediation plans as required.
- Collaborating with all CISO teams to report appropriate operational issues that may be resolved at an architecture level
Operational On-Call Requirement
- This role has a shared, rotational 24/7 on-call requirement and forms part of information security incident response capability. You will act as the single point of contact for all security related response actions and decisions, including management of each incident from a security perspective, interaction with IM/MIM teams (where required) and recording of all key security decisions.
What you'll need:
- Knowledge and operational experience in firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, anti-virus and content filtering, URL filtering, authentication solutions, switches, routers, Voice over IP (VoIP), firewall zoning.
- Ability to read and understand system data including security event logs, system logs, application logs, and device logs, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of enterprise grade technologies including operating systems, databases, and web applications.
- Knowledge and experience of performing network traffic analysis for identifying any developing patterns.
- Ability to assist with knowledge transfer and mentoring/up skilling of junior team members
- Security Analysis for CompTIA CySA+ or similar level of certification
It would be beneficial if you have:
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Data Loss Prevention, Intrusion Prevention/Detection Systems, Firewalls, SIEM.
- Knowledge of reporting suites such as Power BI
- Good understanding of Microsoft security suites and associated qualifications
- Threat identification.
- Security certifications such as CISM, CISSP, M.Inst.ISP, CISA by a recognised professional body
- Technical certifications by a recognised professional body in network or systems engineering
- Fundamental Cloud Concepts for AWS.
- OWASP Top 10: API Security Playbook.
Ways of Working
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.
Read our flexible working approach here.
N.B this is a hybrid opportunity with the expectation to be in our London Bridge office c.2-4 times per month.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- Up to 10% bonus
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme which allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- 25 days annual leave
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more!
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.