Technology Risk Manager
We are Direct Line Group – home to some of the country's best-known brands including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Greenflag, and NIG. Our vision is to create a world where insurance is personal, inclusive, and a force for good, and our purpose is to help people carry on with their lives- giving them peace of mind now and in the future.
To help us deliver on this vision and purpose, we're transforming our systems, products, and services, and constantly innovating for the future - in the evolution to be a forward-thinking technology and data company. Servicing millions of customers each year, and employing over 10,000 employees, minimising risk for our customers and employees is so crucial to the success of DLG.
Aligned to the wider business transformation, our Risk and Compliance function has embarked on its own 2-year transformation journey with the aim to reposition and rebrand Risk through a re-energised vision and leadership team under our new Chief Risk Officer (CRO), as well as scaled up capabilities through investment in our people and in technology, while reviewing the framework, strategy, and overall risk appetite.
There's a lot to do here, and it's exciting. As our CRO says, we're on a journey to make DLG "Risk Positive". We're looking for people who are excited by the challenge of becoming a cutting-edge Risk function, and as a result we have a fantastic opportunity to join DLG as a Technology Risk Manager.
Reporting into our Head of Technology & Change Risk, you will be responsible for providing assurance and oversight on the Group’s Technology risk profile. Within our Technology space, there's a lot going on - whether we're moving away from legacy systems or moving onto the cloud, but risk governance is crucial to ensuring our customers and employees are always protected.
What you’ll be doing:
Leading the business application of the specific Technology and CISO Minimum Standards- providing challenge as necessary to oversee 1LoD compliance and effectiveness
Monitoring external sources & building internal relationships to identify, evaluate and assess evolving Technology threats, opportunities and best practice
Building effective relationships with our Tech and CISO teams and in doing so, supporting them with technology risk due diligence processes and embedding our Enterprise Risk Management framework within their day-to-day
Assisting with defining, managing and measuring KRIs to support the maintenance of compliance with the risk appetite
Supporting with deep dive assurance assessments on 1LoD processes and controls for risk management, including technology risk oversight over specific change projects and programmes
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of methodologies, processes and tools associated with Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Financial Services and/or Insurance experience
- An understanding of ITIL, ISMS, ISO27k, PCI, NIST, COBIT, and/or Cloud technology
- Experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field including Technology Risk
- Strong relationship management skills including being able to deal with difficult conversations
Hours: 35 hours (Monday - Friday)
Hybrid working: We have a hybrid model with a virtual-first approach which means you would primarily work from home. The team currently meet 1 day a week in the Bromley office, but we’re moving to London Bridge (Monument) in August! As long as you live a commutable distance from one of our offices in Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol, Bromley, or Glasgow and understand you might need to travel into Bromley/London upto 1x a week, that's great. We'll support you as best as we can!
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- Generous 9% employer pension. Regardless of whether you contribute into your pension or not, DLG pay 9% into your pension (but you can take this as cash if you want!)
- Eligibility for annual performance bonus of upto 10%
- Generous holidays, starting with 25 days per year and going up to 28 days (excluding the bank holidays). Plus, the option of buying or selling upto 5 days each year!
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance
- Free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Electric Vehicle car scheme which allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way
- Buy-as-you-earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Can’t find the job you’re looking for? Register to be notified as soon as new jobs become available. Enter your email address. Choose the job category and/or enter a location that you’re interested in. And then click “Add” to add the criteria and “Sign Up” to create your job alert.