Customer Service Advisor Apprenticeship - Manchester
University isn’t always the answer! An apprenticeship with DLG will help you grow your career alongside working towards a qualification, and believe it or not, working in Insurance is fun.
The future is exciting as the technologies used in Body Shops are evolving every day, which is really helping us re-shape the vehicle repair industry. That's why we're excited to grow our teams and looking for people to join us. Here at Direct Line Group Auto Services, we genuinely care about what we do and aim to provide a phenomenal level of service for our customers.
We’re searching for Customer Service Advisor Apprentices to join our team on a 2 year programme in our accident repair centres. During the apprenticeship, you will study towards a Level 3 Customer Service Specialist Apprenticeship in partnership with a leading training provider.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for someone who has a passion for customer service with a real desire to help others and a genuine interest in starting a career in the Automotive industry!
This role will involve collaborating with a wide variety of people; therefore, we are looking for someone who has excellent communication and relationship building skills. You’ll need to be a great listener, be able to adapt your approach and most importantly be there to support our customers when they need us the most.
We are looking for someone who is super organised, has great attention to detail and can use their own initiative and maintain focus when faced with high volumes of work, ensuring accuracy.
This apprenticeship is a great opportunity for someone who is highly proactive and eager to learn.
To be eligible to apply for this apprenticeship you will:
- Have or be predicted an A*-G (9-1) GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English, which you’ll be able to evidence. However, if you have extenuating circumstances please do get in touch.
- Applicants need to have lived in the UK for the last 3 years
Who you’ll be working with:
You will be the first point of contact for DLG Auto Services customers, collaborating with our customers and working closely alongside other Customer Service Advisors. You’ll build strong relationships with the wider team including our Bodyshop colleagues.
You will report directly into the Customer Service Team Leader.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Customer Service Advisor Apprentice, you will be the first point of contact for DLG Auto Services customers and will be responsible for delivering a great customer experience.
- Meet and greet customers at the site in a professional and courteous manner.
- Arrange services for customers, such as booking customer car collection or drop off by email, SMS or telephone.
- Ensure every customer receives a telephone call with estimated completion date with all promised call backs made, maintaining excellence in customer service standards whatever the channel (web, phone, face to face)
- Maintain and update Management system (BMS) with accurate customer notes.
- Take ownership for customer complaints e.g. liaising with the Workshop Team Leaders, Production Manager and Site Manager in order to resolve complaints. Ensure complaints are dealt with professionally in a timely manner and recorded onto the complaint’s tracker accurately
- Collect insurance excess monies from customers handling cash and card payment as required
- Identify areas of improvement to Customer Service standards to improve customer feedback scores and improve efficiency.
- Reinforce a culture where high standards of health & safety compliance are rigorously maintained and protected.
By becoming an apprentice at DLG, you’ll be able to combine on-the-job practical skills with theoretical knowledge from off-the-job learning, giving you the best opportunity to develop your career in the motor industry.
You will be paired with a dedicated DLG mentor who will support your training on site every step of the way.
You will attend both online and face-to-face learning support sessions which will take place at our site. There is an End-Point-Assessment for this apprenticeship where you will be required to demonstrate your knowledge, skills, and behaviours.
What we’ll give you:
You’ll gain valuable experience working for a market leading Insurance company with a culture that encourages you to bring all of yourself to work. What’s even better is you’ll earn a permanent position at the end of your apprenticeship, if you're performing and successfully complete your studies.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
Salary - Competitive
Hours – 40 per week (Shifts will be discussed at interview stage)
Location – 1 Kansas Avenue, Salford, Manchester, M50 2GL
Start Date – September 2023
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.