The future is ambitious now the technologies used in Body Shops are evolving every single day, which is really helping us re-shape vehicle repair industry. That’s why we’re excited to be growing our teams and looking for people to join us as a
- Drive Back Driver - HGV Licence is not a requirement in this role but you will need to be able and willing to drive one of our 3.5t recovery vans, which can be driven on a normal driving license.
All roles are at the heart of our Auto Services business and you’ll need be enthusiastic, upbeat and committed to delivering the best repair service.
As a Driver, we want you to bring your previous experience, skills and knowledge to the team, being an effective front line of communication for the business, as well as working to deadlines to meet our customer’s needs.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will have responsibility for collecting cars within the agreed timescales, ensuring that the customer receives the very best possible service on collection and delivery of their car, ensuring all cash and credit card transactions are accounted for and that all transactions are processed in line with company procedures.
- You will complete forms to indicate any damage on the car and specify accident related damage and highlight any old damage, take digital photographs – and gain a signature from the customer.
- You will highlight any defects identified during loading/unloading of vehicles or as identified at the handover of the vehicle to the customer and bring to the attention of the Production Manager.
- You will also ensure all jobs are referenced and filed on completion of job.
You would have previous experience in a similar role with the following skills/knowledge
- You will have a strong experience of driving and ideally within recovery.
- You will be very customer focused and have great customer handling skills.
- You will have a good knowledge of the area local to our repair centre.
- You will hold a current valid driving license, which meets the fleet insurance criteria
Who you’ll be working with:
We know you’ve heard this all before, but the culture here at DLG really is something else. We embrace our individuality – you’ll see it in the way that we think and work, it’s all about ensuring you can enjoy making a contribution, have some fun and be yourself in every aspect. We encourage each other to be the best we can be: no opinion goes unheard, no achievement goes unrecognised, and no idea goes unknown – we even reward you for them! We encourage our people to work together, aim higher and to be the best they can be – for customers, colleagues and the business. It’s an indefinable “DLGness” that makes us who we are, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
You will be working as part of our collections and delivery drivers team reporting directly to your site Transport Manager and you will also be a part of the wider site team.
What we’ll give you:
Rewarding you is important to us, that's why we'll recognise your hard work and support you give our customers every step of the way with a very competitive salary and an industry leading reward package. Our teams are always supporting their local communities and love getting involved in charity events and family days.
All company car scheme. We all want to do our bit for the planet, but sometimes we need a car to get us and our families around. Our all company car scheme allows colleagues to apply for our electric car scheme regardless of their length of service, to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way, as long as they meet the qualifying criteria.
Life at DLG
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we’re committed to making DLG a truly inclusive place to work.
We recognise and embrace that people work in different ways and we’ll always adapt as much as possible so you have the best and most comfortable working environment that we can offer. We know you’re more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, can bring real potential to DLG.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.