Here at Direct Line Group Auto Services, we genuinely care about what we do and aim to provide a phenomenal level of service for our customers.
We know that our customer's vehicles make getting from A to B that much easier, whether it's to do the weekly shop, the school run or to get things delivered, it's all important.
What you'll do
The future is exciting now the technologies used in Body Shops are evolving every day, which is really helping us re-shape vehicle repair industry. That's why we're excited to grow our teams and looking for people to join us as a
- Drive Back Driver - HGV Licence is not a requirement in this role but you will need to be able and willing to drive one of our 3.5t recovery vans, which can be driven on a normal driving license.
This is a permanent role 40 hours a week
All roles are at the heart of our Auto Services business and you'll need be enthusiastic, upbeat and committed to delivering the best repair service.
As a Driver, we want you to bring your previous experience to the team, working to deadlines to meet our customer's needs. You will report to your Transport Controller
What you'll need:
As you can imagine Health and Safety and working to industry standards is important to us. We always ensure our teams and customers safety at each stage of the repair process, ensure tasks are carried out in compliance with Health and Safety and following Audatex estimates, observing DLGAS ways of working and BS10125 procedures.
- You will have responsibility for collecting cars within the agreed timescales, ensuring that the customer receives the very best possible service on collection and delivery of their car, ensuring all cash and credit card transactions are accounted for and that all transactions are processed following company procedures.
- You will complete forms to indicate any damage on the car and specify accident related damage and highlight any old damage, take digital photographs – and gain a signature from the customer.
- You will highlight any defects identified during loading/unloading of vehicles or as identified at the handover of the vehicle to the customer and bring to the attention of the Production Manager.
- You will also ensure all jobs are referenced and filed on completion of job.
You would have previous experience in a similar role with the following skills
- You will have experience of driving within recovery.
- You will be very customer-focused and have great customer handling skills.
- You will have knowledge of the area local to our repair centre.
- You will hold a current valid driving license, which meets the fleet insurance criteria
Who you'll be working with:
We know you've heard this all before, but the culture here at DLG really is something else. We embrace our individuality – you'll see it in the way that we think and work, it's all about ensuring you can enjoy making a contribution, have some fun and be yourself in every aspect. We encourage each other to be the best we can be: no opinion goes unheard, no achievement goes unrecognised, and no idea goes unknown – we even reward you for them! We encourage our people to work together, aim higher and to be the best they can be – for customers, colleagues and the business. It's an indefinable "DLGness" that makes us who we are, and we'd love for you to be a part of it.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.