Motor Technician Apprenticeship - Spray Painter (Peterborough)
What we are looking for
University isn’t always the answer! An apprenticeship with DLG will help you grow your career alongside working towards a Level 3 Paint qualification, and believe it or not, working in Insurance is fun. We’re searching for Apprentices to join our team on a 3-year Programme in our accident repair centre.
- Firstly, you’ll need have or be predicted an A*-G (9-1) GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English, which you’ll be able to evidence.
- You need to have lived in the UK for the last 3 years
- We’re also looking for an eagerness to learn and embrace change, the ability to meet deadlines and a talent for attention to detail
Who you’ll be working with
You’ll become an essential part of our team by being the next generation of Technicians. The future is ambitious now the technologies used in Body Shops are evolving every single day which is really helping us re-shape vehicle repair. We have qualified Technicians and diverse people who you will build trusting relationships with, so they can help nurture your potential and help you flourish in the role.
What you’ll be doing
As a Technician (depending on the role) you’ll be responsible for:
- Repairing accident damaged vehicles using Thatcham recommended repair methods
- Using relevant Health and safety measures to get the vehicle back to pre-accident condition in line with Audatex estimates and our own high standards at Direct Line Group Auto Services
- Removing and fitting mechanical, electrical, and trim components and electronically controlled vehicle mechanical components and systems.
What we’ll give you
You’ll gain valuable experience working for a market leading Insurance company with a culture that encourages you to bring all of yourself to work. What’s even better is you’ll earn a permanent position at the end of your apprenticeship, if you're performing and successfully complete your studies.
- Year 1: £11,211 per year
- Year 2: £20,592 per year
- Year 3: £21,008 per year
- 40 hours per week – Shifts will be discussed at interview stage
- Study towards a Level 3 Paint qualification on our 3-year apprenticeship programme
Start Date – August 2022
If you want to find out more, contact us on 0345 877 6309 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org