Here at Direct Line Group Auto Services, we genuinely care about what we do and strive to provide a phenomenal quality of service for our customers.
What we’re looking for:
As a Transport Controller you will be supporting DLG Auto Services Repair Centres Manager in the supervision and coordination of the transport fleet, ensuring the efficient running to maximise customer satisfaction.
This will include
- Supervises the transport team.
- Ensure all vehicles are collected/delivered within SLA.
- Manage the courtesy car fleet.
- Manage overtime and efficiencies to ensure cost control
- Manage sublet requirements
- Ensure H&S checks are completed by drivers
- Manage inspections and repairs of fleet through daily inspections
- Ensure Tachographs are filled out and records maintained
- Complete month end working time directive report.
- Ensures that all customers are shown round vehicle before delivery
- Liase with local repairing workshop and fleet compliance controller to ensure trucks meet 6 weeks safety checks
You would have previous experience in a similar role with the following skills/knowledge
- Previous bodyshop accident transport controller experience is essential, along with a proven track record of motivating staff to deliver a quality service on time and on budget.
- Understanding of mechanical principles relevant to role.
The candidate needs to be experienced/driven and dynamic due to the fast paced nature of this role
Who you’ll be working with:
We know you’ve heard this all before, but the culture here at DLG really is something else. We embrace our individuality – you’ll see it in the way that we think and work, it’s all about ensuring you can enjoy making a contribution, have some fun and be yourself in every aspect. We encourage each other to be the best we can be: no opinion goes unheard, no achievement goes unrecognised, and no idea goes unknown – we even reward you for them! We encourage our people to work together, aim higher and to be the best they can be – for customers, colleagues and the business. It’s an indefinable “DLGness” that makes us who we are, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
You will be working as part of a team of technicians reporting directly to the workshop/repair controller and you will be part of the wider site team.
What we’ll give you:
Rewarding you is important to us, that's why we'll recognise your hard work and support you give our customers every step of the way with a very competitive salary and an industry leading reward package
Our teams are always supporting their local communities and love getting involved in charity events and family days.
We all want to do our bit for the planet, but sometimes we need a car to get us and our families around. Our all company car scheme allows colleagues, who've been at DLG for 12 months or more, to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.