Here at Direct Line Group Auto Services, we genuinely care about what we do and aim to provide a phenomenal level of service for our customers.
We know that our customer's vehicles make getting from A to B that much easier, whether it's to do the weekly shop, the school run or to get things delivered, it's all important.
What you'll be doing
The future is ambitious now the technologies used in Body Shops are evolving every single day, which is really helping us re-shape vehicle repair industry. That’s why we’re excited to be growing our teams and looking for people to join us as a
- Production Manager
All roles are at the heart of our Auto Services business and you’ll need be enthusiastic, upbeat and committed to delivering the best repair service.
As a Production Manager we want you to bring your previous experience, skills and knowledge to the team, you will run, motivate, develop and lead your team, ensuring the team delivers a world class customer service, meeting customer’s needs and keeping promises, whilst meeting performance targets and operational objectives within DLG Auto Services. If you love to stay busy this role is really for you.
What you’ll need
You will lead and coordinate the workflow of repairs within DLG Auto Services ensuring financial, volume and quality targets are achieved, ensuring high quality repairs within company procedures to maximise customer satisfaction. The effective management of the productive and support departments, and providing the delivery of high standard of engagement, motivation and employee relations. This role will report to the site manager
This role will include understanding and knowledge of
- The management and co-ordination of productive and support staff to ensure effective workflow of repairs to meet the volume, sales, cost and customer/quality targets.
- Ensuring all Blueprint/Procedural/BS10125 regulations are adhered to at all times.
- You will have accountability for meeting and improving on customer satisfaction targets
- You will achieve and maintain and embed all “best practice” and “lean activities” as instructed by business strategy.
- Achieving budget sales and cost targets weekly, monthly and annually
- Ensuring all health and safety policy and procedures are followed at all times with all staff utilising safe working practises and monitor the correct use and storage of PPE.
- Achieving plan departmental and site productivity by effective holiday planning, workshop loading, scheduling, motivation and performance management of the productive staff.
- Achieving top and bottom box CSI by remaining on or better than target in each individual matrix measured by The Leadership Factor.
- Achieving company requirements for all legal and head office submissions.
- Group Learning Policy completion to a level of 100%, quarterly.
- Apply Standard Operating Procedure in accordance with policy standards
- Ensuring regular 1 to 1’s and quarterly reviews are undertaken in a timely manner and ratings are correctly applied.
- Build alongside the centre manager to ensure talent identification and appropriate succession planning is in place.
You would have previous experience in a similar role with the following skills/knowledge
- Experience of high volume accident repair management and scheduling (essential)
- Deep understanding and experience of BS10125 regulations (essential)
- Knowledge and experience of Thatcham repair methods
Who you'll work with
We know you've heard this all before, but the culture here at DLG really is something else. We embrace our individuality – you'll see it in the way that we think and work, it's all about ensuring you can enjoy making a contribution, have some fun and be yourself in every aspect. We encourage each other to be the best we can be: no opinion goes unheard, no achievement goes unrecognised, and no idea goes unknown – we even reward you for them! We encourage our people to work together, aim higher and to be the best they can be – for customers, colleagues and the business. It's an indefinable "DLGness" that makes us who we are, and we'd love for you to be a part of it.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.