Vehicle Damage Assessor
Here at Direct Line Group Auto Services, we genuinely care about what we do and aim to provide a phenomenal level of service for our customers.
We know that our customer's vehicles make getting from A to B that much easier, whether it's to do the weekly shop, the school run or to get things delivered, it's all important.
What you'll be doing
- You will work within site guidelines to ensure the workflow of job cards to meet the volume targets and identify fast track repairs, ensure parts orders are accurate and follow purchase procedures
- You will be constantly reviewing repair methodologies to ensure all repairs are cost- effective
- You will collaborate with the policyholder and Direct Line Group engineering functions where vehicles are borderline repairable or beyond economical repair
- Provide service level agreements, ensuring customers are contacted regarding repairs and non-related damage and where applicable agree amended repair hours with the workshop leadership teams and technicians
- You will be accountable for Health and Safety regulations, company health and safety procedures appropriate to role
- You will achieve and maintain and embed all "standard methodology" and "lean activities" as instructed by business strategy.
What you'll need:
This is a permanent role reporting to the Lead Vehicle Damage assessor
The future is exciting now the technologies used in Body Shops are evolving every day, which is really helping us re-shape vehicle repair industry. That's why we're excited to grow our teams and looking for people to join us.
- Vehicle Damage Assessor
All roles are at the heart of our Auto Services business and you'll need be enthusiastic, upbeat and committed to delivering the best repair service.
We would like you to have had previous experience in a similar role with the following skills:
- Experience of vehicle repair methods
- Knowledge of Thatcham repair methods, Audatex and ATA qualification
- You will ensure you achieve company and personal targets.
As you can imagine Health and Safety and working to industry standards is important to us. We always ensure our teams and customers safety at each stage of the repair process, ensure tasks are carried out in compliance with Health and Safety and following Audatex estimates, observing DLGAS ways of working and BS10125 procedures.
Who you'll work with
We know you've heard this all before, but the culture here at DLG really is something else. We embrace our individuality – you'll see it in the way that we think and work, it's all about ensuring you can enjoy making a contribution, have some fun and be yourself in every aspect. We encourage each other to be the best we can be: no opinion goes unheard, no achievement goes unrecognised, and no idea goes unknown – we even reward you for them! We encourage our people to work together, aim higher and to be the best they can be – for customers, colleagues and the business. It's an indefinable "DLGness" that makes us who we are, and we'd love for you to be a part of it.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Can’t find the job you’re looking for? Register to be notified as soon as new jobs become available. Enter your email address. Choose the job category and/or enter a location that you’re interested in. And then click “Add” to add the criteria and “Sign Up” to create your job alert.