Workshop Team Leader
Here at Direct Line Group Auto Services, we genuinely care about what we do and aim to provide a phenomenal level of service for our customers.
We know that our customer's vehicles make getting from A to B that much easier, whether it's to do the weekly shop, the school run or to get things delivered, it's all important.
What you'll be doing
- The management and co-ordination of productive staff to ensure effective repairs to meet the volume, sales, cost and customer/quality targets.
- Ensuring all Procedural and BS10125 regulations are adhered
- You will manage meeting and improving on customer satisfaction targets
- You will achieve and maintain and embed all "best practice" and "lean activities" as instructed by business strategy.
- You will achieve budget sales and cost targets weekly, monthly and annually
- You will ensure all health and safety policy and procedures are followed with all staff utilising safe working practises and monitor the correct use and storage of PPE.
- You will plan departmental and site productivity by holiday planning, workshop loading, scheduling, and performance management of the productive staff.
- You will apply Standard Operating Procedure following policy standards
- You will ensure regular 1 to 1's and quarterly reviews are undertaken promptly and ratings are correctly applied.
What you'll need:
This is a permanent role reporting to the Production Manager
The future is exciting now the technologies used in Body Shops are evolving every day, which is really helping us re-shape vehicle repair industry. That's why we're excited to grow our teams and looking for people to join us.
- Workshop Controller
All roles are at the heart of our Auto Services business and you'll need be enthusiastic, upbeat and committed to delivering the best repair service.
We would like you to have had previous experience in a similar role with the following skills:
- Experience of high volume accident repair management and scheduling
- Experience of BS10125 regulations
- Experience of Thatcham repair methods
As you can imagine Health and Safety and working to industry standards is important to us. We always ensure our teams and customers safety at each stage of the repair process, ensure tasks are carried out in compliance with Health and Safety and following Audatex estimates, observing DLGAS ways of working and BS10125 procedures.
Who you'll work with
We know you've heard this all before, but the culture here at DLG really is something else. We embrace our individuality – you'll see it in the way that we think and work, it's all about ensuring you can enjoy making a contribution, have some fun and be yourself in every aspect. We encourage each other to be the best we can be: no opinion goes unheard, no achievement goes unrecognised, and no idea goes unknown – we even reward you for them! We encourage our people to work together, aim higher and to be the best they can be – for customers, colleagues and the business. It's an indefinable "DLGness" that makes us who we are, and we'd love for you to be a part of it.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Can’t find the job you’re looking for? Register to be notified as soon as new jobs become available. Enter your email address. Choose the job category and/or enter a location that you’re interested in. And then click “Add” to add the criteria and “Sign Up” to create your job alert.