At Direct Line Group, we’re shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking – after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands – including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag – change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It’s hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they’re helping us transform the industry we lead.
The social media team here at DLG is award winning, and we don’t want that to stop! As Social Media Manager you will manage the content and planning process for Direct Line Group’s consumer-facing brands, helping to develop the social strategy and bringing it to life across social media platforms. You will think creatively and plan strategically. Ultimately you will be passionate about social media and can help us turn data into actionable insight to further drive our business forward.
- Deliver the social media brand strategy for Direct Line, Churchill, Green Flag and Privilege across multiple social platforms through developing a robust social content calendar for all brands, identifying content themes and stories for reactive and proactive social engagement.
- Cross-team collaboration (brand, PR, direct marketing) to develop results-driven campaign strategy and execution.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the business to ensure buy in and the successful delivery of internal projects.
- Ongoing liaison with Social Customer Care and PR to identify and mitigate reputational issues.
- Manage the content creation and publishing process, including briefing agencies or internal Brand Studio, associate governance - approval workflow, compliance and archiving/documenting.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of the paid social marketing briefs to the Internal Biddable Media Team so they can implement paid campaigns on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Create monthly social reports using in channel metrics to analyse performance and outline actionable recommendations.
- Experience in using Social Media Listening tools like Brandwatch, to interpret and analyse the data to create reports.
- Manage the day to day relationships with our agencies.
Skills & Qualities You'll Need
- Social media marketing experience gained in either agency or client-side role.
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms, market trends, consumer behaviour and best practices.
- Ability to identify potential reputation risks and help develop customer-first resolutions.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to write engaging audience first content.
- Detail oriented, ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiatives.
- Expertise in publishing content via social media platform tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) and social media management systems like (Conversocial etc).
- Strategically guide stakeholders in the business on the best ways to achieve campaign and channel objectives via paid social media activity (YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook).
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.