What we are looking for:
- Someone who can provide relevant support to Systems, Software and UI Engineering teams and teams within Digital Services.
- You will have the ability to support and mentor fellow team members.
- Researching new technologies and their potential uses on the Direct Line Group web sites.
- Someone who can provide proof of concepts and advise the business of the relevant benefits of investing in these technologies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Who you’ll be working with:
DLG Digital is in the driving seat, and we're taking the lead. We’re turning our brands into digital leaders and revolutionising how people use our products and services - that’s why we’re currently recruiting a QA Engineer to join our ever-growing Digital Department. Work with us, and you’ll find an in-house role with an agency feel.
What you’ll be doing:
You will create and maintain QA engineering processes, frameworks and automation for designated scrum teams, as well as driving quality agenda across the department through technology, process, education & knowledge sharing and innovation.
- You will define QA requirements, architecture, design & specifications and test conditions.
- You will actively participate in planning, estimation, and prioritisation processes to ensure successful execution of QA activities.
- You will have a passion to design, build, and expand our cloud-based, automation framework.
- You will drive and own BDD and TDD approach across Digital to ensure mapping back to pre-determined criteria, recording and reporting outcomes.
- Create and maintain QA reporting capability across entire engineering function.
- Create automated, browser-based, end-to-end functional tests using the Selenium WebDriver (APIs, as opposed to record/playback IDE).
- You will take ownership of own personal development and career progression.
- You will identify, own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriate to their role, in line with the company risk framework.
What we’ll give you:
Come join us and you’ll find yourself in the middle of one of the most on-the-go teams in the business, with autonomy and exposure to industry leaders on huge household brand names. We’re always encouraging internal development and you’ll have access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry knowledge.