Direct Line Group is an ambitious company employing thousands of people throughout the UK. We’re proud to be one of Britain's leading general insurers, offering millions of customers decades of experience and knowledge. In the history of modern insurance, there has never been a bigger time for change than now and we work hard to make sure our well known brands –Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, NIG and Green Flag are making insurance easier and better value for our customers. We know we can’t do this without our brilliant people who we reward for ideas and thinking as well as results because that’s how we can achieve amazing things – for our customers and for each other. Come work for the 3rd Best Big Companies to Work for in 2019.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Motor Risk Pricing team in Bromley on a full time permanent basis.
As a Pricing Analyst in the team you will:
- Assist the development of ultimate estimates of claim frequency, severity and burn cost for key perils.
- Aid the estimations for claims inflation to separate mix, trend and random effects
- Calibrate segment models to overall estimates
- Model impact of changes in regulation, market and Direct Line processes on claims costs and implementation of these changes into claims models
- Recommend controls to monitor performance of models.
- Identify models that are not performing as expected and correct them where appropriate
- Investigate new and existing sources of data.
- Provide analytical support to inform business decisions, strategy, budget and forecasting
- Develop your knowledge of Pricing and Underwriting systems and processes; business and market knowledge; relevant industry issues
- Reinforce the culture and core values of Direct Line Group through appropriate behaviours and actions.
- Contribute towards project delivery across the pricing and underwriting department
Skills & qualities you’ll need:
- Relevant work experience within a similar pricing or analytical role
- You will have an excellent degree in a numerically-focused subject.
- Previous experience of the personal lines insurance market is desirable. Knowledge and experience of Reserving is desirable.
- Knowledge of SAS, EMBlem and/or optimisation software is preferable but not essential
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status