We have a fantastic opportunity for a Pricing Analyst to join the commercial team on a fixed term contract
You will support the wider Commercial Pricing team in providing an innovative and effective rate delivery service for Direct Line Group.
- Own, maintain, update and monitor rating emulations of the productionised rating engines and related documentation for the Commercial Package business across a range of products and formats, for use in rate adequacy and change analysis.
- Own, build, maintain and monitor test packs generated from business requirements to prove/disprove the effectiveness of a change to the pricing systems.
- Engage with functions including change, testing, product developers, product owners, and pricing analysts to ensure the Commercial rating strategy is supported.
- Engage in technical discussions with stakeholders to ensure that business needs and timeframes are met
- Support the development of the pricing strategy for commercial lines by suggesting recommendations to improve DLG’s rating efficiency and longer-term pricing delivery capability
- Plan, manage and deliver specific tasks and projects in a pro-active, timely and accurate manner, providing insights, impacts and recommendations
- Interact effectively with peers in other areas of DLG to improve knowledge share and understand impacts of your work across the wider business. Ensure learnings are effectively communicated across the team
- Identify opportunities for improvements to enable tasks to be performed in a more efficient manner. Challenge current processes appropriately with suggestions as to how these can be refined
- Develop knowledge of pricing and underwriting systems and processes; develop your business, market knowledge and awareness of relevant industry issues which impact your area & incorporate in the work that you do
- Experience of working within or close involvement with a testing function is essential
- Knowledge of programming languages and software such as, or similar to Radar, SAS and/or Excel VBA is essential
- Relevant work experience within a similar rate deployment or testing role is desirable
Closing Date - 28th January
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub (https://directlinegroupcareers.career-inspiration.com/app/home/) to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.