As part of our commitment to extend the provision of Legal Services we offer to our customers, Direct Line Group launched a newly formed law firm - DLG Legal Services.
In our Bristol office we have a team of litigators acting for clients on a broad range of employment disputes. We are now looking to recruit an experienced employment lawyer as a Senior Litigator into the team on a 12 month fixed term basis
The role involves managing a mixed caseload of employment claims of varying degrees of complexity. You will be taking initial instructions, providing clear and accurate legal advice while progressing claims pro-actively and in a timely manner in line with the terms of the client’s legal expenses insurance policy.
Purpose of Role
- To act for clients on the full range of employment disputes, managing conduct of the claims from the initial assessment stage through to final hearing and beyond to enforcement where appropriate
- To provide a professional service to clients by delivering timely and accurate advice, as well as managing expectations
- To apply a consistent approach to assessing the legal merits of claims
- To ensure that time is spent pro-actively progressing claims as efficiently and proportionately as possible
- To provide accurate and clear legal advice, managing clients’ expectations, explaining decisions and the steps in the claims process clearly and succinctly, and ensuring clients are treated fairly at all times
- To record time spent accurately and maintain accurate system records
- To identify and own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriate to the role, in line with the relevant risk framework and in compliance with all DLG Legal Services policies and procedures and the SRA Code of Conduct at all times
- To identify learning & development needs and opportunities for self-progression
- To work together with colleagues to build relationships with other departments and suppliers
- To support the strategic development of department best practice, product performance, and the customer experience through continuous improvement initiatives
Skills & Qualities you will need
We are looking for a candidate with experience of managing a caseload of employment claims
You will either need to be a Solicitor or Legal Executive, or have experience at an equivalent level
A good understanding of employment law and Employment Tribunal procedure is essential
Experience of dealing with Legal Expenses Insurance-funded claims would also be desirable but not essential
Hours: 35 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.