At Direct Line Group, we’re shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking – after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands – including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag – change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It’s hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they’re helping us transform the industry we lead.
As part of this, we're now recruiting for a Travel & Medical Assistance (TMA) Accounts Administrator to join our team in Farnham on a full time basis for a 12 month fixed term contract.
The TMA Accounts Administrator is responsible for fully contributing towards all aspects of the role to provide an exceptional level of service. This entails achieving all key measures on a consistent basis, ensuring compliance with all group internal policies and regulatory requirements, whilst focusing on contribution to continuous improvement and cost containment. Act as subject matter expert for product area and associated project activity where required.
What being a Travel and Medical Assistance Accounts Administrator involves:
- Complying with policy cover/indemnity thresholds & TMA business rules/record keeping/identify fraud following appropriate referral process/accurate reserving practice/diary/activity process/ repudiation process/recovery Payment Authorisation Processes/Duplicate payments/claims cost control. etc.
- Delivering high levels of Customer Satisfaction contributing to the overall TMA Customer Satisfaction Scores through fair interpretation of the policy coverage, speed of response and expectation management and working collaboratively with Customer Relations to improve the customer experience. Contribute and attend where necessary TMA customer experience boards.
- Keeping the customer at the heart of everything you do, ensuring that the customer is treated fairly at all times in line with TCF outcomes and principles and in a manner consistent with the emergency requirements of each situation..
- Demonstrating exemplary assistance technical knowledge at all times.
- Following current TMA Call Standards requirement.
- Following Claims TMA Quality Review processes.
- Upholding TMA Complaint Handling business rules.
- Identifying, owning and managing the risks involved in running our business appropriate to my role, in line with the Direct Line Group risk framework.
- Remaining within the agreed TMA risk and regulatory constraints ensuring awareness and application of policy and procedure for clear desk/information security policy, IPL, Record Keeping toolkit, Breach Log and AYIC.
- Being aware of and apply on an ongoing basis with the rules and requirements of the FSA and any other legal / regulatory / risk management frameworks in line with the TCF principles.
- Actively supporting supply chain management to ensure that TMA manage our agent network effectively.
- Living the Company values in everything you do as per the attached appendix and continue to contribute to the positive market reputation of TMA.
- Developing self, ensuring professional knowledge is up to date, identify learning and development opportunities that will enhance capability and maintain your own personal development plan.
- Working effectively as a team member at all times. Support your TMA colleagues and work flexibly to support our customers across the globe.
Skills & qualities you'll need:
- Excellent customer services skills
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to gather information, understand issues and find solutions
- An understanding of the claims process: Claims initiation, investigation, negotiation and settlement
- Knowledge of insurance principles & practice
- Knowledge of Fraud and investigation
Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
Core hours are 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday -Friday - however due to business needs there may be a requirement to work outside of these standard hours.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.