At Direct Line Group, we’re shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every single day and embrace fresh thinking – after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
We now have a great opportunity to join Direct Line for Business (DL4B) within the new change function that's been created for DL4B. DL4B is a specialist direct commercial insurer and in this role you will be at the heart of our ambitious growth plans by disrupting the SME commercial insurance market by getting customers to buy direct through new technology and transforming the business.
What being an EVO Experienced Developer involves:
- Lead the technical design and delivery of the commercial insurance products for DL4B through the components in business control on the new platform called EVO
- Provide coaching to the other developers on best practices in software engineering and configuration, continuously improve development standards
- Maintain and improve the testing automation code ensuring it is fit for purpose
- Ensure changes are made within the platform governance and deployed safely.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Configure and change the platform according to the specifications and requirements provided following agile practices for testing and deployment of changes
- Focusing on building re-usable assets and driving continuous integration practices in the team utilising agile methodologies and development best practices within the team including documentation of changes, coding best practise and maintenance of development artefacts.
- Support the platform lead in the technical design and maintenance of the testing automation framework with a focus on maintainability, extensibility and traceability of business outcomes from user stories through to test results
- Collaborate with our business stakeholders, technical partners and interfaces to drive solutions to business issues and requests for change.
- Develop an understanding of our business and incorporating industry best practice into our business processes, as well as maintaining an understanding of FCA and TCF principles and ensuring customer conduct is at the heart of all decision making
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of the technology platforms and the processes used by the business to identify opportunities or weaknesses in our current approach to improve the business and how we deliver change
Skills and Qualities you'll need:
- Demonstrable experience of Java and web services development using SOAP or REST
- Demonstrable experience of test automation tools such as junit, TestNG or any UI test automation tool
- Desirable to have an understanding of software tools including Maven, Inteli-J/Eclipse and static analysis tools such as SonarQube.
- Desirable experience of Cucumber and Behaviour Driven Development.
- Desirable experience of Selenium.
- Desirable experience of Soap UI, Apache CFX
- Demonstrable experience of working in an Agile environment and tools such as JIRA or similar
- Demonstrable ability to be self-directed and thrive in a fast-paced changing environment
35 hours per week, Monday-Friday (9am-5pm)
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.