A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a PA role to a Managing Director for a fixed term contact until December 2019 , on a full-time basis which can be based in either our London or Bristol office.
As a PA you will provide efficient and effective administrative to support the Managing Director.
- Be the first point of contact for the MD and successfully build and maintain relationships with other PAs and support teams, the MD’s direct reports and all other key stakeholders
- To organise and coordinate diaries, managing conflicting and changing diary priorities proactively and efficiently.
- Co-ordination of meetings including; booking meeting rooms, setting agendas, distribution and printing of papers, taking minutes and tracking actions to completion. Anticipate needs and arrange briefing packs and/or briefing sessions as appropriate, particularly for external customer meetings
- Make travel arrangements ensuring all logistics are considered, arranged and communicated to the MD in a proactive fashion
- Process expenses and monitor MD’s budget to ensure no overspend
- Perform full administrative and general office duties for example, reviewing incoming mail, greeting guests, telephone reception, ordering stationery, raising purchase orders
- Complete ad hoc requests in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Responsible for communicating information and instructions from the MD to their direct reports and other related individuals, including arranging team days and reward and recognition schemes
- Protect the reputation of the MD. Create a professional, efficient and useful reputation for the Exec office
- Work closely with the Managing Director and wider team to ensure the most effective use of the MD’s time
- Occasionally perform tasks and provide assistance to MD’s colleagues outside of usual job description
- Escalating IT issues and support requirements to IT helpdesk
- Previous PA experience, ideally supporting an Executive member
- Proven ability to deal with highly confidential information in a discreet manner
- Diligent and well-organised
- Strong judgement and proven ability to prioritise
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work to tight timescales and remain flexible in both task and hours on occasion
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.