At Direct Line Group, we’re shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking – after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands – including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag – change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It’s hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they’re helping us transform the industry we lead.
As part of this, we are now recruiting for a Legal Cashier to join the team in our Leeds or Croydon office on a full time, permanent basis.
What being a Legal Cashier involves:
- Being knowledgeable of SAR’s and follow the rules accordingly in order to protect clients funds
- Processing accurately data by following the instructions given from file handlers or as per the Finance Manual and to highlight anomalies to your Team Leader
- Being able to read and understand the accounting ledgers and the case manager system
- Being able to reconcile supplier ledgers to their statements to show the true liability of DLG Legal Services and follow through with queries
- Being pro-active in your learning and development needs in order to complete the tasks requested
- Assisting with adhoc filing, scanning and general office duties required relating to the finance team
- Being approachable and knowledgably to assist your colleagues with transaction queries
- Beingaware and being able to ‘step in’ to assist colleagues at certain pressure points, to ensue tasks are completed within SLA’s
- Working together with colleagues to build relationships with other departments
- Demonstrating a highly professional manner and reflect the brand image and customer ethos of DLG Legal Services by following policies and procedures at all times
Skills and Qualities you'll need:
- An intermediate level of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Fast accurate data entry skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Ability to follow processes and procedures within Finance.
- Ability to communicate efficiently both verbally and written with file handlers and suppliers.
- Ability to be efficient and methodical.
- Ability to work under pressure with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and also use own initiative.
- A confident telephone manner to enable the successful handling of requests and queries.
- Professional manner, enthusiastic and trustworthy.
Hours: 35 Hours - Monday - Friday (9am - 5pm)
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.