Direct Line Group has an excellent opportunity to join one of our accident repair centres that offer access to a unique amount of training which is just one of the reasons why so many people choose to progress their career with us. So, as well as a dedication to developing your skills, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards that include a great company pension, discounts on insurance and financial performance awards.
You will lead and coordinate the workflow of repairs within DLG Auto Services (UKAARC) ensuring financial, volume and quality targets are achieved, ensuring high quality repairs within company procedures to maximise customer satisfaction. The effective management of the productive and support departments, and providing the delivery of high standard of engagement, motivation and employee relations.
This will include
- The management and co-ordination of productive and support staff to ensure effective workflow of repairs to meet the volume, sales, cost and customer/quality targets.
- Ensuring all Blueprint/Procedural/BS10125 regulations are adhered to at all times.
- You will have accountability for meeting and improving on customer satisfaction targets
- You will achieve and maintain and embed all “best practice” and “lean activities” as dictated by business strategy.
- Achieving budget sales and cost targets weekly, monthly and annually
- Ensuring all health and safety policy and procedures are followed at all times with all staff utilising safe working practises and monitor the correct use and storage of PPE.
- Achieving plan departmental and site productivity by effective holiday planning, workshop loading, scheduling, motivation and performance management of the productive staff.
- Achieving top and bottom box CSI by remaining on or better than target in each individual matrix measured by The Leadership Factor.
- Achieving company requirements for all legal and head office submissions.
- Group Learning Policy completion to a level of 100%, quarterly.
- Apply Standard Operating Procedure in accordance with policy standards
- Ensuring regular 1 to 1’s and quarterly reviews are undertaken in a timely manner and ratings are correctly applied.
- Build alongside the centre manager to ensure talent identification and appropriate succession planning is in place.
You would have previous experience in a similar role with the following skills/knowledge
- Experience of high volume accident repair management and scheduling (essential)
- Deep understanding and experience of BS10125 regulations (essential)
- Knowledge and experience of Thatcham repair methods
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and accept that people work in different ways.
We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.