Pricing Developer - Radar
Pricing Developer – Radar
Leeds, London & Home (office visits c. once per month)
Let’s make the most of your talent.
Join our Pricing & Underwriting Chapter in a unique role as a Pricing Developer (Radar). This is a permanent position with the opportunity to work remotely from anywhere in the UK, with ad-hoc travel to our hubs in Leeds and London.
At Direct Line Group, insurance is just the start. Combining decades of industry experience with talented people in every field, we’re a customer-obsessed market powerhouse. And we all work together to be brilliant for customers, every single day.
Pricing and Underwriting is a complicated world, where historical data, geospatial information, and mathematical models meet talented analysts. Pricing our products is a fine line between balancing our business goals and customer needs. That’s why our pricers and underwriters are the best of the best. They reduce risk and predict future events ensuring our business can continue to grow whilst each and every one of our consumers gets the best price.
What you’ll be doing:
As a valued member of our team, you’ll contribute to the development of the pricing strategy for Personal Lines through accurately and efficiently implementing and deploying changes to the Radar rating algorithm and rating tables. By doing so, you will ensure commercial viability and align with our business objectives. We are set up in an agile structure which means you’ll take charge early on, soak up new experiences and most importantly you’ll positively influence and shape what we do – making an impact on our customers lives.
- Collaborate with the team to provide an innovative and effective delivery service for our Insurance Rating System, focusing on change deployment in our Personal Lines Business.
- Make recommendations to enhance rating efficiency and long-term pricing delivery capabilities, encompassing both testing and deployment.
- Take ownership of building, maintaining, and monitoring production algorithms and documentation in Radar to support our business.
- Develop and maintain pre- and post-live testing processes to ensure accuracy.
- Engage with various stakeholders, including change, testing, product owners, and pricing analysts, to ensure alignment with the rating strategy.
- Participate in technical discussions to meet business needs and timelines while adhering to request requirements and governance.
- Identify and manage risks associated with the role, adhering to the company risk framework. Communicate any price, model, or data issues promptly and recommend appropriate remedial actions.
- Engage in the wider Pricing & Underwriting community and influence tribe objectives and priorities
- Support other colleagues with their work and development, building the overall squad capability
What we are looking for
- Solid knowledge of Radar software by WTW and experience in building, developing, and testing algorithms.
- Previous experience in a similar role within insurance
- Familiarity with programming languages and software such as SQL, SAS Python, Tableau.
- Proficiency in defect management, including root cause analysis, design, and deployment of solutions.
- Ability to define and execute test strategies to minimize the risk of errors.
- Proficient in interpreting XML files.
- Experience in monitoring performance and driving continuous improvement of algorithms.
- Analytical mindset, inquisitive nature, strong communication skills, and a high level of numeracy
What we offer:
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Up to 10% annual bonus
- 25 days holiday (rising by 1 each year to 28) + bank holidays and option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Read our flexible working approach here.
We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any reasonable adjustments within this recruitment process, please reach out to us and we can discuss how we can support you with this.
There’s no-one else like you. No-one with the exact same mix of strengths, quirks, skills, and thoughts. That’s why you could belong here. As part of a team, in a place that empowers you to be the best you can be. We’re proud of who we are, of what we do, and what every one of us brings. Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business.
Join us. Help us keep innovating and putting customers at the heart of everything. To be an insurance company of the future. When we work together, we can all achieve great things. Inspiring, challenging, and supporting each other to aim higher.
Together we’re one of a kind.