Property Owners Underwriter
Property Owners Underwriter (Full Time, Permanent Position)
London & Manchester – Hybrid (2 days a week in the office)
Let’s make the most of your talent
This is an exciting opportunity to join us as a Property Owners Underwriter and depending on your experience and preference you will either join as a New Business or Existing Business Property Owners Underwriter.
At Direct Line Group, insurance is just the start. Combining decades of industry experience with talented people in every field from data, technology, customer care and auto repair, to HR, finance and procurement , we’re a customer-obsessed market powerhouse. And we all work together to be brilliant for customers, every single day.
This role is in scope to transfer to RSA in Summer 2024. As part of this RSA are currently consulting with DLG’s Employment Representative Body on their proposed measures (changes to terms and conditions and ways of working that RSA intend to make as part of the transfer). Further information will be discussed in the application process.
What you will be doing:
As a New Business Property Owners Underwriter, you will predominately be providing New Business quotations to your designated broker panel. As an Existing Business Property Owners Underwriter you will exclusively provide renewal and MTA quotations to your designated broker panel.
- Providing support on Large renewal cases to your designated broker panel.
- Providing support to Senior Real Estate Underwriters.
- Handling Property Owners' cases of varying sizes, this will include corresponding with brokers, calculating premiums, logging on various systems and negotiating within set parameters.
- Carrying out renewal reviews and implementing Real Estate underwriting strategy.
- Processing Premium on IS2000 system.
- Issuing documentation using excel based tools.
What we are looking for:
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- You’ll bring your expertise and help us grow, so insurance knowledge and previous Property Underwriting experience is a must for us.
- Strong IT skills - Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Word
There’s no-one else like you. No-one with the exact same mix of strengths, quirks, skills and thoughts. That’s why you could belong here. As part of a team of brilliant individuals, in a place that empowers you to be the best you can be.
We’re proud of who we are, of what we do, and what every single one of us brings.
Join us. Help us keep innovating and putting customers at the heart of everything. To be an insurance company of the future. When we work together, we can all achieve great things. Inspiring, challenging, and supporting each other to aim higher.
Together we’re one of a kind.
What we’ll give you in return:
We wouldn’t be where we are today without our people and the wide variety of perspectives and life experiences they bring. That’s why we offer excellent benefits to suit your lifestyle and a flexible working model combining the best parts of home and office-working, varying with the nature of your role. Core benefits include:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- Generous holidays, 25 days (excluding bank holidays). Plus, the option of buying or selling up to 5 days each year!
- Up to 10% performance-based annual bonus
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Ways of Working
Our hybrid model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. When you'll be in the office depends on your role, but most colleagues are in 2 days a week, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you. Read our flexible working approach here.
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.